[macstl-dev] macstl 0.3.0.32
glen.low at pixelglow.com
Thu Aug 11 23:14:23 WST 2005
Just committed the new version of macstl to the Subversion
repository. This has extensive but largely transparent changes to
support better CSE and inlining, especially when compiling -faltivec
without -maltivec on Apple gcc 4.0. I have optimized literal terms in
valarray expressions as well as element access to valarray.
I'm aiming to get complete Linux PPC and x86 support before
finalizing the public release of 0.3.1, but some of the other things
on the to-do list:
1. refarrays (allowing arbitrary pieces of memory to support
valarray operations) for Paul and Maxim. (I refactored the array_term
class in 0.3.0.32 to support this.)
2. optimizing v >> k expressions for SSE for Maxim.
3. dropping the scalar tail code for sequential expressions --
this should boost relative speed for small valarrays.
4. valarrays of sized booleans for Ilya.
If I can squeeze it in, then
5. either the static interleave or deinterleave functions for Andrew.
Cheers, Glen Low
pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the macstl-dev