[macstl-dev] macstl 0.2.1 beats the autovectorizing Intel ICC 8.1
glen.low at pixelglow.com
Tue Feb 15 00:14:44 WST 2005
Thanks for all your patience and help with debugging macstl 0.2 --
especially Paul Baxter and Derek Piasecki who helped with AMD64 issues.
I'm happy to announce the immediate availability of macstl 0.2.1, which
features support for Intel ICC 8.1 on Windows and partial support for
IBM XLC++ 6.0 on Mac OS X.
Here's the list of changes:
* Fixed member and binary min and max for vec <unsigned short, 4> [PBa].
* Fixed #include error with own projects [DCh].
* Added support for Intel ICC 8.1 [ACu].
* Fixed truncation of signed constants in unsigned parameters [DPi].
* Added partial support for IBM XLC 6.0.
* Fixed header access paths and missing functions malloc, free,
vm_allocate, vm_copy, vm_deallocate for Codewarrior.
* Fixed #include <sys/mman.h> error, domain in trigonometric test for
VC++. Improved inlining for ICC.
I haven't got the latest benchmarks up yet, but so far macstl 0.2.1
beats the autovectorizing Intel ICC -- some 2x to 16x faster than
I've also got the Subversion server set up, so for those of you who pay
the license fees, you get access to the latest sources and even commit
rights to the branches, so you can play with macstl on our own servers.
Cheers, Glen Low
pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff
More information about the macstl-dev