[macstl-dev] Opinions wanted about the future directions of macstl
glen.low at pixelglow.com
Tue Feb 15 20:16:18 WST 2005
Now that macstl 0.2.1 has reached some measure of stability and we now
have a good community of you macstl users in this mailing list, it's
time I gathered some feedback about our future direction.
Please rank the top 5 or so things you'd like to see in macstl, discuss
it, and I'll see what I can do, time, energy and money permitting :-).
1. Design of the trig functions.
2. Design of the integer division functions.
3. How to adapt macstl for your favorite SIMD architecture.
4. More examples and samples (suggest?)
5. The rest of the transcendentals e.g. acos, sinh.
6. The complex transcendentals.
7. Any other mathematical or other vector-related functions (suggest?)
8. long long support -- doubtful whether Altivec will accelerate this
9. Optimizing mask arrays -- using a bool array to select elements from
10. Summarizers e.g. min, max, sum.
11. operator*, operator/, operator%
12. float transcendentals.
13. double transcendentals.
14. complex float arithmetic.
15. complex float transcendentals.
16. complex double arithmetic.
17. complex double transcendentals.
18. memory mapping in Windows
19. Support for OpenMP parallelizing.
20. Distributed valarrays, perhaps through MPI?
21. Support for your favorite SIMD architecture, perhaps a GPU?
Other areas in macstl
22. Other Core Foundation objects e.g. maps, sets.
23. Objective-C++ support.
24. Improving the COM implementation.
25. Improving the Mach vector implementation. Perhaps also a Mach
Cheers, Glen Low
pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff
More information about the macstl-dev